- Zoo Med’s activated carbon filter media is made from the highest quality carbon available for superior absorption of ammonia waste products produced by captive turtles, amphibians, or aquarium fish.
- High ammonia levels can be deadly to amphibians and aquarium fish and will cause eye problems in captive turtles. Activated carbon is one step in reducing ammonia in your terrarium or aquarium.
- We also recommend weekly water changes of at least 20%. When adding tap water (after a water change) make sure you add Zoo Med’s ReptiSafe to remove chlorine and chloramines.
- Absorbs ammonia from aquatic turtle, amphibian, or aquarium fish waste.
- Improves water clarity and odor.